Monday, October 27, 2008

Your Love is Strong

Your Love is Strong, by Jon Foreman
Heavenly Father

You always amaze me
Let your kingdom come
In my world and in my life
You give me the food I need
To live through the day
And forgive me as I forgive
The people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one

I look out the window
The birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune
Or out of place
I look at the meadow
And stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl
On her wedding day
So why do I worry? Why do I freak out? God knows what I need
You know what I need

Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong

The kingdom of the heavens
Is now advancing
Invade my heart
Invade this broken town
The kingdom of the heavens
Is buried treasure
Will you sell yourself
To buy the one you've found?

Two things you told me
That you are strong
And you love me
Yes, you love me

Our God in heaven
Hallowed beThy name above all names
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us today our daily bread
Forgive us wicked sinners
Lead us far away from our vices
And deliver us from these prisons

I have had this song on repeat for days now. I just can’t get enough of it. Sooo simple but resonates so much with my heart.

My favorite part: Why should I worry, why do I freak out. God knows what I need, you know what I need.
And then: Two things you told me, That you are strong, And you love me, Yes, you love me

I have wasted far too much worrying about my future. Lately I have found so much peace in just resting and trusting this past month. It seems the more I have rested, the more I have heard Him. Imagine that!

The truth he is, he does know what I need. And he will give me what I need. AND he is strong. Stronger than anything that could ever come at me. I shouldn’t fear. He loves me. Wow, how he loves me and has promised me great things. All of those promises will come to fruition. I believe it. I don’t want to manipulate a single thing because I want His best in every area of my life and the sweetest blessings will come from a place where my heart fully trusts in my Fathers unfailing goodness and love.

A lot of change is being stirred up, where it looks as if I will not be living in Colorado much longer. Sad...but excited for the future and where God is taking me. In the meantime, I am enjoying my time here, my relationships and all the ways God is blessing me. I have some of my VERY DEAREST friends coming to visit me a week from this Friday. I am overjoyed to see these girls again. Some of my best gyels from college who walked through so much life with me. And now almost 3 years since we have all lived in the same place, we get to catch up, talk about life now and what the Lord has been doing. I love it. I love community with friends that you know will be a part of your life for the rest of your life.

THEN I am going to NYC to see my sister...well childhood best friend, but she is really more a sister to me than a friend...we pretty much lived together. She blessed me with a plane ticket to come see her in NYC for a Christmas present. I love NYC and I am sooooooo stoked that we get to hang out and spend sweet time just catching up! I just adore her.

The Lord has truly blessed me with great friends and really great things to look forward to. I will be going to visit Portland and Nashville soon too! YAY! I am just so happy and content right now. Of course there are tiny flares of anxiety at times about different situations, but I am trusting God for his promises regardless of the outcome and believing everything will work out for the greater good. Totes.

So there we are. I need to get better at this blogging thing. I just don’t think to do it very much. Ok, gotta get back to work. Loves to you all. Peace.

No comments: