Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A bunch of thoughts....



This post is just going to be random, just like me :)

The lighter/funny post:

Last night a bunch of my friends and I were hanging on my front porch (the greatest porch ever). We were discussing my new favorite thing. It is a blog. My friend Brad and his buddies introduced it to me this past Sunday. It’s called “Stuff Christians Like”….go read it…so freaking funny and true!






There was a post in their about how people...whether married or just dating....seem to have hard time not touching each other in Church. We were also talking about how "friends" giving back massages to each other is not very smart when you are the opposite sex. We all know whose people in Church and then we definitely know those "friends". I have had my fair share of being one of those "Friend massagers" in my past. We were all laughing about different situations and debating on the topic. Personally, I get annoyed by couples rubbing each others back or even worse...LEG during church...it is just not necessary and really gross to me. It doesn't mean you don't love your significant other if you don't do that...AND it is distracting to everyone else. Just wait until you get to the car. haha.






The whole "friend massage" thing was what was funny. Here is why...






We talked about how it always has another meaning behind it when you are "just friends". Now i will admit. I do love my friends and I can be touchy...not too much though. I discern how people are about it. One thing i debated on was giving my guy friends a massage. Too intimate for friends. We were really debating this subject b/c for me at least, there have been exceptions to the rule. They are guys in my life who are like brothers to me and I would NEVER be in a relationship with them...just not attracted to them in that way. BUT....who is to say that they aren't attracted to me. I mean, I am pretty dang beautiful :). (that is just for YOU and you people know who you are :) ). Anyway...I just realized I should just not do that whatsoever, just to be safe, no matter how much I think it is harmless.






Ok...so not even 10 mins later, a girl friend of mine asked one of our guy friends to pop her back. She walked over and he proceeded to stand behind her and pick her up by her arms laying across her chest. We heard a loud pop. It sounded like it felt good. So now we all did it...including me. DANG IT. All that talk for nothing. haha. Popping a back may not be considered a massage...but it kind of defeated the purpose of what I was saying. I laughed pretty hard.






So I am bored today at work. Well actually I have a ton to do but it is just kind of repeative stuff today...




but I know God is up to something. BIG THINGS. I know that a job will come along that will totally fit my gitting and my passions. I do love Young Life....this role is just not a good fit for me. So I am excited for what God has next for me!! That may require moving but not too far
away :). I just love how the Lord never stops shaping vision in our lives. Now if only he would write what is next for me in the sky :)
I choose excitement over fear in this season!

Cheesy...yes, yes i know :) ...hope it made you smile a little though!
Have a great day!

No comments: