Thursday, July 17, 2008

we have a reason

“All of my Life…in every season…You are still God….I have a reason to sing….I have a reason to worship.” –Desert Prayer, Brooke Fraser

This lyric was on my heart this morning as I woke up. A ton of people have heard this song and the testimony of the girl singing it is amazing. Yes, I could be bias because she happens to be one of my dearest friends in the world, but in all honesty, the story of God’s glory thorough the son He blessed her and her hubby with for such a brief moment is what speaks far more than any lyric or vocal ability could EVER could. Although her talent has amazed me for years…it is her heart that is the sweetest part! Watch it and be blessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE33ejdgWIY

God doesn’t make sense sometimes. There are times that I literally throw my hands up and said “What the heck….what are you doing and WHY?” His ways are just so peculiar and not very logical to our human standards of how WE think it should go. He brings so much JOY to our lives. He is the source of it. Then tragedy hits. We have a choice on how to react and honestly, it is hard to react any other way than pissed. But like I said…we have a choice.

You see…nothing would pissed the enemy off more than to CHOOSE to worship in the midst of situations that knock the breath out of us. Her breath was knocked out of her…yet she chose to worship. Why? I have never been in that EXACT situation, but what I can say is there is NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING that can separate us from the love that is found in Christ Jesus. NOTHING. The Greek for that is NO-THING. So with that said…she chose to worship, my mentor chose to worship and many more amazing woman in my life have chosen to worship because we have a reason. We have a reason to still worship the God who still wakes us up every morning and reminds us of how much he delights in us and is ever so near to the broken hearted…the crushed in spirit. I don’t know about you, but I don’t always hear those words, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t whispering them…it just means I am not being still long enough to listen. We have a reason to sing because he has rescued us from the grave. We have a reason to worship because we will one day be with Him for eternity, and all those who have gone before us will be there too…worshiping with us. He is in the moments of despair. He is in the moments of un-explainable joy. He is there, here and will be in our futures. Nothing will change that. THAT is worth singing about….someone who never leaves us or gives up.

I got to talk to my Jilly last night. It is so sweet to see her face and think about our journey together through life….and then to see the journey we continue to walk on separately, but are still invested in one another. Two separate journey’s…two separate seasons of life…but still walking together. Amazing. The community that He gives us is so amazing. The people he places in our lives are such a glimpse at how much he is freaking obsessed with us. I am thankful for her. I am thankful for people who speak into my life. People who never give up on us…just like Christ.

My future right now looks so blurry, yet so clear. I am sorting through passions and watching God open doors, yet don’t know which way to walk. It makes me so excited for what is to come, yet a bit scared of have to go through the transition again. It also reminds me that he is my home. I never know where I am going next and just when I feel I have built incredible community, I feel ripped up by my roots once again. I guess I am getting used to a life of complete abandonment to Christ. Giving all I have and all I find comfort in and just saying “Yes” to what is next. Choosing to worship through the fear and trembling and knowing in the midst, I serve a God who is wayyyyyyy more sovereign than anything that hits me. Thank God for vision and dreams….I truly do have a reason to worship.

So whether the season is bringing more pain than we could ever stand, more uncertainty that we could ever comprehend or more joy that we can contain…we have a reason to sing. We have a reason to worship. We have a reason to trust the same God who has never and will never leave us out to dry. That thought alone puts me face down.

No comments: